Each Year, the Dressage Association of Southern California presents awards to high performing horse and rider combinations at all levels.
The last day to qualify for Year End Performance Awards is November 30th, 2017
Awards are presented at the annual awards dinner, held in January.
Everyone is eligible for these awards, using the following criteria:
– Horse and rider must be current DASC members in good standing at the time the scores are earned.
– Horse nomination fee ($10/year or $50/life) must be paid before the scores are earned. (horse nomination fees are non-transferrable – should the horse be sold, the new owner is responsible for a new nomination)
– Horse and rider combination may earn scores at any test in the level to qualify.
– Horse and rider combination may compete in two consecutive levels in any one year, but not skip a level. For example, you could be eligible for awards in 1st and 2nd level, but not 1st and 3rd, in the same year. If more than two levels qualify in a year (ie. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) then the two highest of the multiple levels will be considered for year end awards.
– Intro – 4th Level: Horses must earn six (6) scores from at least two (2) judges – based on the average of qualifying scores. Minimum average score must be 58% to qualify.
– FEI Level: Horses must earn six (6) scores from at least two (2) judges – based on the average of qualifying scores. Minimum average score must be 58% to qualify.
– Freestyle scores do not count in the year end award calculations.